Terms And Conditions
- In these Terms and Conditions, “we” or “us” or “our” refers to Whale Imaging Inc and associated companies.
- These terms apply to the use of our website.
- Disclaimer: The information on our website should be used as a guide only and should not be relied upon. All of the information (including pricing and product information) on our website may change from time to time. Please contact us if you require any specific information about a product or a service that we offer. We do not warrant that the information on our website is correct, and we will not be responsible for any loss that results from you relying on our website.
- Privacy: We may use your personal information that is collected by this website. We are required to comply with privacy laws when we collect and use your personal information. We will comply with the Privacy Statement when we deal with your personal information.
- Copyright : We own or license the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all works that appear on our website including the website design, pictures, graphics, brochures, colors and specifications (“Works”). We grant you a non-exclusive license to reproduce the Works: (a) for the purpose of browsing our website; and (b) in hardcopy for the purpose of reviewing the material. Apart from as set out in this clause, you must not reproduce, distribute, modify, upload, transmit, reuse or post any information on this website unless you have our prior written consent.
- Our trade marks and logos: You may not reproduce or use our trade marks, logos, product names or business name without our prior written consent.
Your personal information and our commitment to protecting your privacy In your relationship with us, you may share personal information with us:
This personal information may include details such as your name, address, telephone numbers, email address, tax file number, bank account details and date of birth. We understand how important it is to protect your personal information. This document sets out our privacy commitments in respect of personal information that you provide to us.
Collection and use of your personal information:
We will only collect your personal information which is necessary for our purposes, which include:
- enabling us to provide you with products and/or services;
- enabling us to carry out the transactions you request;
- providing you with more effective customer service; and
- communicating with you, such as to let you know of other products and/or services which might interest you.
The personal information we request is optional for you to provide, but we may not be able to fulfil your request or provide you with our products and services without that information. Sometimes there are situations where we are required by law to collect certain personal information from you and if this is the case, we will inform you of the law that imposes this requirement.
Where reasonably practical, we will collect your personal information only directly from you. For example, if you order a sample or brochure, we may ask you to provide us with your name, address and contact details in order for us to fulfill the request. We may also send you publications or other market information on our products and services which may be of interest to you.
However, we may also collect personal information from other parties at times, such as our associates or distributors, credit reporting agencies, unrelated third, your representative (such as your legal or financial adviser) and publicly available sources of information.
Disclosure of your personal information:
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in corporate transactions involving the transfer of all or part of our assets or business or in a corporate restructure. If we do this, we generally require these third parties to protect the privacy of your information in the same way that we do. We may also use or disclose your personal information if required or authorized to do so by law, or if we reasonably believe that it is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to an individual’s health or public safety.
For example, we may disclose your personal information to a court in response to a subpoena or to a national Taxation Office. Personal information collected by us may be stored and processed in any country where we maintain facilities. You consent to any such transfer of information out of your country.
Rights you have in relation to the personal information we collect from you:
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you would like to view or correct the details of your personal information which are held by us (such as in the case where you become aware of an error), you can make a request to us through our Contact section.
If we cannot act on your request (such as where we are not permitted by law), we will provide you with reasons why. We may charge you a reasonable fee to access and/or update your information. You may also contact us to request us to stop using your personal information to contact you about our products and services.
If you no longer do business with us and we no longer need your personal information for the purposes which we collected it for, you can ask us to delete the personal information we hold about you. Subject to any legal obligations we may have, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information.
Protection of your personal information:
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure. These steps include access control for our buildings, confidentiality obligations imposed on our employees and use of security measures for system access. We do not, however, accept any responsibility for the unauthorized access of personal information held by us.
Use of our websites:
Cookies contain information which is readable by the website that issued the cookie to you. Cookies cannot execute programs or access other information on your computer. Your web browser can be configured to reject cookies issued by our websites, but if you do so, some functionality that we provide on our websites may become unavailable as a result.
When you visit our websites, we may collect the following information from you: your domain name and information you volunteer such as survey information, your name and email addresses. We may also collect statistical data, such as the dates and times of visits as well as the number and pages viewed by each visitor, which is utilized to evaluate the performance and usefulness of our websites.
While we take care that the personal information you give us on our websites is protected, the Internet is not a secure environment. If you send us information, including your email address, it is sent at your own risk. Our websites do not capture email addresses without your consent. If, however, you provide your email address to us it may be used by us to send you information relating to our products and services. If we send you an email which you do not wish to receive in the future, please notify us and your email address will be removed from our system.